Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Strawberry Glaze Cheesecake

Looking at my blog thus far, it appears to be a bit uneven with the sweets. LOL. I have made other things mind you, I just forget to take pictures. Ha, but yet again I have another sweet recipe to share. This is another Pioneer Woman recipe though I switched it up a bit. The original recipe was for blackberry cheesecake which looked and sounded equally as good but I did not have any blackberries. I decided on a strawberry glaze seeing as I did not have any Strawberries either. This is the stuff that usually comes in a bag that you can mix with fresh or frozen strawberries that you can put in pies. I Love strawberries but really only on shortcake, I have a texture issue with everything else, so this glaze suits me better. You can actually make the cheesecake and then put whatever topping you want after the cheesecake has cooled.

This is what I used for the topping. This does NOT
need heated, its already super thick. You can just pour
straight from the bag.

Ingredients:

Crust
  • Cooking spray
  • One box of Honey Graham Crackers
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter melted
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Filling

  • Three 8-ounce packages cream cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup sour cream

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

For the crust: Spray a 9-by-13-inch rectangular baking pan with cooking spray.
Place the graham crackers into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the mixture becomes crumbs.If you do not have a food processor, just place them in a ziploc bag and seal. Then use a rolling pin or or something heavy to crush them into crumbs.
 Add the melted butter and vanilla and pulse again until combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. (If they come up the sides, that's okay!)



For the filling: Beat the cream cheese and sugar together in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the sour cream and mix again.

Pour the filling into the crust, smooth the top.

 and bake for 45 minutes. Turn off the oven, open the oven door and allow the pan to sit in the open oven for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool. The cheesecake may crack as it cools, that is okay!


Top with you favorite pie filling or the wonderful strawberry glaze that I used. Chill in the fridge for about 3 hours. 





Enjoy!!!!

Let me know how you liked this recipe. Leave me a 
comment below! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment